An accident file for the children is kept in which all bumps, bruises, falls, etc. are recorded. Please check the first-aid board when you collect your child as there may be a message for you here. In the event of an accident requiring immediate attention, you will be contacted at the time.
Please note – for this reason it is vitally important that you ensure that the information supplied on our emergency contact form is immediately updated if your circumstances change.
- Fire drills are held every half-term.
- Safety checks and risk assessments are regularly carried out.
- There are detailed safety rules for certain activities (woodwork, carrying outdoor equipment, etc.) which staff will ensure are followed.
- Children are taught to behave safely e.g. walking indoors, not running.
- We also ask you to make sure all entrance doors and gates are closed after you. The doors are kept closed for security reasons and all visitors need to press the buzzer to be allowed in.
- All visitors must report to reception.
- We are very careful about allowing children to be collected only by people we know or who we have been told will be coming. Please refer to the section on Emergency Information.
- Smoking is banned from all school buildings and for health and safety reasons, we do not allow dogs on the premises.
- Mobile phones are not permitted in the classroom as we think the children’s space should be respected.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of every child, and our staff team understand that this is everyone’s responsibility. Every staff member has an enhanced DBS check. We have a comprehensive child protection policy which is updated as necessary.
To read our Health and Safety policy, please click here.
To read our Safeguarding policy, please click here.